The major limitation that we found with many Smartphones is the lack of withstanding with outdoor conditions. When Sony introduced the water resistant dust resistant Xperia Z we found a solution for that. Now it is confirmed that Sony’s next Water resistant Xperia ZR is under development.
The main highlight of upcoming Xperia ZR Smartphone is high IP code rating. The IP55/IP58 rating revels how effectively the phone becomes resistive to water and dust. It is also higher than that of recently released Xperia Z Smartphone. The phone can withstand within water of 1.5 meter depth for 3o minutes. Sony informed these informations through official Xperia blog.
Sony Xperia ZR has a 4.6 inch display with resolutions 1280*720px. Xperia ZR will coming under the variants 8GB, 16GB and 32GB format. Surely the phone will have a micro-SD card slot. It is powered by 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm S4 Pro processor.
The phone will runs on android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. Upon the camera specifications it has 13 megapixel camera with Exmor RS camera sensor. The long standby time of the phone is promised by 2300mAh battery. The detailed specifications of Xperia ZR will announced later.
An overview on Sony Xperia Z
- 5 inch TFT capacitive touch screen with resolutions 1920*1080px. The 441 pixel density ensures crisper and brilliant display.
- Highly resistive to water and dust. The phone has an IP code rating of IP55/IP57. It can withstand 30 minutes under water.
- Coming under 16GB internal memory format. It can be expandable up to 64GB via micro-SD card.
- Powered by 1.5GHz Qualcomm MDM9215M processor.
- Runs on android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system it can be upgrade to android 4.2.
- 13.1 megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash. It support video recording at 1080p. It is featured with face detection and geo tagging.
- 4G LTE network support.
- Non removable Li-Ion 2300mAh battery.