When we are talking about the game cricket the ever first name comes to our mind is none other than Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. He is the most successful one day batman in the cricket history. The greatest living Indian cricketer who had played all the shots in cricket book. Today The God of Cricket Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar retired from ODIs.
Today the veteran batsman spoke with the BCCI president N. Srinivasan and announced his retirement from one day cricket. So he is bringing an end to 23 year of glorious carrier in ODIs. During this carrier he had played 463 one day internationals and Sachin became the most ODIs played cricketer. During his ODI carrier he rewrote many cricket records. Those records can’t be easily overwritten by anyone. “I have decided to retire from the One-Day format of the game. I feel blessed to have fulfilled the dream of being part of a world cup winning Indian team. The preparatory process to defend the world cup in 2015 should begin early and in right earnest”. Sachin said during the retirement during with BCCI team.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is born on 24th April 1973 in Mumbai. From childhood days onwards Sachin shows his taste on cricket. His elder brother Ajith introduced him to famous cricket coach Ramakant Achrekar. He is the popular cricket coach of Mumbai at that time. Little Sachin shines wells in schools cricket matches as well as club matches. During Inter school game against Anjuman-E-Islam high school in the year 1988 Sachin made an unbreakable partnership of 664 with Vinod Kambli. Kambli is also one of the famous cricketers who played for India.
Sachin Tendulkar got debut in Ranji trophy- the premier first class cricket of India in 1987. He is became the youngest Indian cricketer to score a century on first class debut. The former president of BCCI Raj Singh Dungarpur selected Sachin for the Pakistan tour of Indian in the year 1989. That is his first ever International cricket match. During his first match he had scored 15 runs against Pakistan. Sachin scored the first century against the team Australia in the year 1994. Within 18 years he made century in centuries.
What makes Sachin differs from other batsman is his batting is under complete balance. He always focus onto avoid unnecessary movements. He practiced up to midnight in net to made perfection in batting. Sachin well known for his punch style of hitting ball to square and perfect straight drive. Sir Donald Bradman the perfect cricketer of all time once said Sachin’s batting style is same as that of him. Sachin made perfection in all possible cricket shots like cover drive, straight drive, square cut, sweep, leg glance…Etc. He is the cricketer who had played all shots in cricket.
Most ODIs played cricketer with 463 matches.
- Had played in 90 different grounds which is treated as most number of stadium appearance.
- First ever batsman to score 200 runs in ODI cricket. (147 balls 25 fours and 3 sixes).
- Most runs in one day international-18426 with an average of 44.83.
- He is the first ever cricketer who reach 10000, 11000, 12000, 13000, 14000, 15000, 16000, 17000, 18000.
- In a calendar year he scored 1000 runs. This record is repeated in the years 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007.
- Fastest 10000 run achievement.
- Most number of fours in an innings he hit 25 fours against South Africa on 24th February 2010.
- Sachin scored more than 150+ in five times.
- Most number of centuries in one day international-49.
- Sachin hits 9 different ODI centuries against Australia and he is became the first ever batman who scored maximum number of centuries against an opponent.
- He hits 96 fifties in ODIs.
- Sachin hits 6 centuries in final matches and in all those matches India win.
- Most number of fifties in world cups-21.
- 62 man of the match awards.
- 15 man of the series awards.
- Became the cricketer who scored maximum runs in a calendar year-1894.
- Became the cricketer who hits maximum number of centuries in a calendar year-9.
- Became the opening batman for India in 340 times.
- Made partnership of 331 with Rahul Dravid against New Zealand in 1999.
- Maximum opening partnership score of 6609 in 134 matches with Sourav Ganguly.
- Sachin scored 50+ runs in 145 times which is a great record in cricket history.
- Sachin has a record of most number of test matches -192.
- He scored 15562 runs in test cricket which is the highest one in test.
- First Indian to score more than 11000.
- Highest runs scorer from home country-8145.
- Fastest scoring of 10000 runs in test cricket.
- First cricketer to score 15000 runs in test cricket.
- Indian cricker with most number of centuries from home-29.
- First ever cricketer to cross the milestone of 11000, 12000, 13000, 14000, 15000.
- Sachin has a carrier average of 54.60.
- Sachin hits the highest number of test centuries – 51.
- First ever cricker to score 150+ runs test cricket most number of times -20.
- First ever cricketer to score centuries against all test playing nations.
- Sachin scored 5 centuries before he turns to 20.
- First ever cricketer to score 100 centuries in the history of cricket.
- First ever cricketer to score 33000 runs in ODIs+test cricket.
- Maximum number of times to score more than 90s- 27 times.
- First batman to score 200 runs in ODI.
- Most runs scoring cricketer in the history of cricket-33000.
Famous quotes on Sachin Tendulkar:
- “I have seen the God he is bats number 4 for India”
– Mathew Hayden
2. “I am fortunate I’ve bowl him at only in nets”
– Anil Kumble
3. “There are two types of batsmen in the world one is Sachin Two is all others”
– Andy Flower
4. “I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing us to breathe same air as you do”
5. “The thing I like most about Sachin is his intensity. After being in the game for so long he still has same desire to do well for India”.
– Sourav Ganguly
6. “I will be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don’t think anyone apart from Don Bradman is in the same class as Sachin”
– Shane Warne
7. “I don’t know cricket but still I watch cricket to see Sachin playing…..not because I love his play it’s because to know the reason why my country’s production reduced to 50% when Sachin is playing”
– Barack Obama
8. “Commit all your crimes while Sachin playing even God is busy with watching his batting”
– A banner at India v/s Australia test
9. “Sachin is a genius I am a mere mortal”
– Brian Lara.
10. “Don’t bowl bad balls he hits the good one for fours”
– Michael Kasprowicz.