Microsoft officially released Windows 8.1, updation can be made through Windows store and it is free for Windows 8 users. Here is how to update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.
System requirements for Windows 8.1 is almost same as that of Windows 8. But you have to prepare your PC for Windows 8.1 upgrade, includes backup of data, system image creation and hardware compatibility for Windows 8.1.
How to update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8
- Goto Windows 8 start screen and click on windows store.
- You can find Windows 8.1 updation in Windows store.
- Click on Windows 8.1 updation.
- The Windows 8.1 updation will download and install in background of Windows 8.
- Restart your PC when Windows prompt for it, will install the updates and take more time.
- Accept the Microsoft software licence terms.
- Click on use express settings, You can also customize these settings.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account or create a new one.
- Click next on SkyDrive windows, will use default default SkyDrive options.
- Your PC will restart several time to make complete update and will bring new Windows 8.1 start screen.
The free Windows 8.1 updation is comes through Windows store. In some cases you can’t find the updation for Windows 8.1.
Why you can’t find Windows 8.1 updation in Windows store
- In the case of you are turning of Windows update your Windows 8 system misses KB 2871839 updation. It is important for to get Windows 8.1 updation. So you need to check for Windows update and have to install KB 2871839 updation for sure.
- Windows 8 enterprise, Windows 8 Pro through KMS activation and Windows 8 through MSDN ISO won’t bring Windows 8.1 updation. In such cases you need to perform a clean installation of Windows 8.1 through purchased DVD or via bootable USB.
How to get back to Windows 8 from Windows 8.1
So you are a Windows 8 user and you switch to Windows 8.1. You can get back Windows 8 anytime by doing refreshing in Windows 8.1 PC. Your personal files won’t get affect by doing refreshing in Windows 8.1, but keep in mind that you need to reinstall the applications that didn’t comes up with PC.