One of the focusing changes that you can see with Windows 8.1 is the return of start button, not start menu. The Windows 8.1 start button allows you to access a number of shortcuts including power options. If you missing shutdown tile within the metro start screen of Windows 8.1, here how to make shutdown and restart tile in Windows 8.1 start screen
How to make shutdown and restart tile in Windows 8.1 start screen
With the presence of size variant tiles Windows 8.1 start screen becomes pretty much better than Window 8.1. You certainly pin main of your favorite application to start screen and now add shutdown tile for easiness of access.
Shutdown tile addition to Windows 8.1
- Goto desktop mode of Windows 8.1.
- Right click within the open area.
- Click new and select shortcut.
- Within the location of item enter shutdown /p.
- Click next and specify the name of shortcut.
- Hit on finish.
- Right click on the shortcut icon and select pin to start screen.
Restart tile addition to Windows 8.1
- As same as above steps right click within the desktop mode of Windows 8.1.
- Select shortcut from new then specify the location item as shutdown /r /t 0.
- Type name of the shortcut as restart then click on finish.
- Then right click on that shortcut and follow pin to start.