Google officially introduced the brand new inbox for their email service at the end of May. The new inbox within Gmail helps the users to sort the messages much easier than before. Here the method that describes how to get redesigned inbox in Gmail.
The brand new Gmail inbox is available for both desktop and mobileplatforms. Once you get the redesigned inbox you will find your mails in an advanced sorted form. Also you can organize your mails easily. You can switch to new inbox within the Gmail by following simpler steps.
- Sign in with your Gmail account.
- Your current inbox will appear after the authentication of account.
- Go to settings, which can be select from upper right corner of the inbox.
- On the drop down menu you will be able to see few options.
- Select configure inbox.
- A pop up box will appear on the screen from there you can set which all tabs should be in your new inbox.
- It includes primary, social, promotions, updates and forums. Once you move cursor on any of these options Google describes what that particular tab meant for with right example.
- Select the tabs you want within your new inbox.
- After making the right selection click on save button.
- Then a new pop up box appears on the screen that show how your new inbox look like. To get the redesigned Gmail inbox hit the OK button within that box.
- Now you can see your new Gmail inbox.
Once you disable any tab within the option box the mails in that particular category will appears within the primary tab instead. To show the disable tabs after you switch to new inbox:
- Go to settings.
- Configure inbox.
- Check the tabs you want to see within the inbox.
- Click the save button.
Like social networking sites whenever a new mail appeared to your account that tab which associated with that mail category will show off a notification icon. So that you can easily identify which type of messages you are going to read. To see the messages within different tabs the things you need to do is drag and drop such messages to desired tabs. Gmail also give option to undo this action.