The unified messaging system through hangout is one of the best ever thing that unveiled at this year’s Google I/O event. It is available in android, iOS, Gmail and Google+. Let’s check out how to get in and revert from new hangout in Gmail.
When we take a quick overview on Gmail history we can see that Google improves the conversation system in right time intervals. At first in 2006 Gtalk integrated to Gmail, following it the mailing services became more advanced with Google voice and Hangout. Now in 2013 we get the new cross messaging hangout system within Gmail.
How to get in and revert from new hangout in Gmail
The new messaging system from Google takes advantage of cloud computing. Anytime accessing and sending of messages using the service. You can save or delete chat history at your wish. Other than normal contact list you will able to see recent conversation list that are more connected with you. You will get all messages within one place. Also the advanced features in video calling and group chat make new service perfect.
How to enable new hangout in Gmail
Actually Google gives an exact notification for the option to switch into new hangout. If you didn’t get such notification yet you can get this new service through this path that is right within the Gmail itself. The basic steps you have to follows
- Open Gmail and sign in with your Gmail account.
- After the completion of authentication within Gmail the older char bar will loaded in the left side of your account.
- Click on the dropdown menu that next your profile picture.
- On the top most position you will able to see the option ‘try the new hangout’. Click on that option to switch to new hangout.
- After redirecting the account again you will able to see the new hangout right in the left side of your account.
How to switch back to older chat box from new hangout in Gmail
- Once you switch into new hangout you will able to see a completely different messaging system within it. The recent conversation rather than contact list. Google also give an option to switch back to older chat box.
- Click on the dropdown menu next your profile picture within the new hangout.
- You will able to see ‘revert to old chat’ at the bottom level of option.
- Click on that option to switch back to older chat.
- After redirecting you can see the older chat box in Gmail.