The annoying posts from some friends and online status checking by cousins at night times always becomes burden for you in Facebook. Removing such idiots also makes some kind of problems. Don’t worry you still have number of options to block them without actually unfriending them.
1. Blocks posts from people you hate
By unfollow posts from irritating people on Facebook your news feed becomes fresh, only see the needed posts.
- Goto the profile of person you want to block.
- Hover the mouse over ‘friends’ lebel next to their profile name.
- Select report or block from the drop down menu.
- Select unfollow and click confirm button.
2. Go offline only for people you hate to chat with
- Click on the gear button at bottom right corner of chat bar.
- Select advanced settings.
- Then select ‘turn on chat for all friends except’.
- Enter the names on provided box.
- Click on save button.
3. Make your stuff only visible to people you like
Sometimes you get unwanted comments for your updates. Many of such comments make you sick and stopping from making updates. But you have option to make updates visible to only people you like.
- Goto settings and select privacy section.
- Click editing on ‘who can see my stuff’ section.
- Click on drop down menu and select custom.
- Select specific person or list from ‘share with’ section.
- Enter names of people you want to share the your post with.
- Or enter name of person you don’t want to share the post with.
- Save changes.
4. Block application and event invites from particular persons
- Goto settings and select blocking section.
- Goto apps and event blocking section.
- Type names of friends you want to stop invites from.
5. Restrict people from seeing posts on your timeline
You can restrict people from seeings the posts you have tagged in or others posting on your timeline. You can either allow only a specific list of people to see posts on your timeline or can block some people from seeing posts on timeline.
- Goto settings and select timeline and tagging.
- Go to ‘who can see things on my timeline’ section.
- Click on edit next to tagged photo for setting viewing permissions.
- Click drop down menu and select custom.
- Enter name of specific people you don’t want to see posts on timeline.
- Or allow only a specific list of people for viewing posts on your timeline.
- Make same settings for others posts on your timeline.
Top image credit : Flickr